Sunday, March 8, 2009

THANK GOD!


Did you know that a little problem can stay little if left unattended but can turn into a huge problem if left attended to someone like me.

Here's how it goes: 

1. I found out that my computer had some kind of virus that not even my antivirus is capable of dealing with.

2. I surfed the net and found many websites that offered help.



3. Stated in those websites, delete the file SCVHOST.EXE while I looked it wrongly and deleted the file SVCHOST.EXE, then I restarted my computer.

4. My heart stopped for a moment and I thought it was the end of the world! I couldn't cut, copy, paste, no internet, no bluetooth, no taskbar, etc. etc. All that's in my mind was, no msn, no facebook, no Scramble, no life.

5. I kept my calm, I thought about it then, it's not so bad. I can actually study in the meantime and do other more productive stuff. But I kept trying to find a solution to the problem and wasted 5 hours or so. 

6. I recovered deleted files using about 3 file recovery programs but no positive result. I googled let's say 20 forums on how to solve that problem but no answer. Finally, I decided to just take that file from my bro's computer and amazingly, it worked! PHEW PHEW! 

7. And so I've learnt my lesson, not to touch anything in the windows or system or whatever you call it of the computer ever again! I shall now be a good boy and catch up on my studies once more! 

No comments: