Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Hour

Disappointing, really. I took the effort to drive to the park at night during Earth Hour to witness the dark city. Instead, at 8.30pm up til even now (12.05am), the lights were never switched off! 


Guard house in Lembah Kiara, yet no guards?


Primary school, I suppose there's a guard or two inside but is it necessary to keep the lights on in the floors where no one's there? 


Still so brightly lit, I was expecting total darkness! Ok, street lights are an exception. 


1st house traitor that I spotted. And many more "rebels" that I saw when I took a quick drive around TTDI. 

Oh well, try harder next year? Force TNB to make the city/country blackout? Cool! But I won't wanna walk at the park at night alone ever again. Imagine seeing trees all around you, a big lake to your right where the water is too calm, no human beings in sight, cracking branches (hopefully it was the work of the monkeys), the sounds of crickets and lizards, and other than that, absolute silence! I froze in fear for a while as I looked forward, where the dark just gets darker. I was thinking, 

1. What if I see SOMETHING floating in the lake?
2. What if I see SOMETHING on the tree?
3. What if SOMETHING touched me? 
4. What if I hear SOMETHING not-so-animal-like yet not-human-like either? 
5. What if SOMETHING's observing me from far? 
6. What if SOMETHING's following me or circling me, just that I can't see it?
7. What if I step on SOMETHING?

Because for all I know, no one can help me. And so, I decided to walk 180 degrees, back to the light! Why take on unnecessary risk right? How do I fight this fear of darkness if there really is SOMETHING? 

Time for some more colourful and bright stuff!


Umbrellas outside the Monash Library after a heavy rain. Looks to me that people aren't so romantic these days, only 1 umbrella per person it seems. Don't you know that's the time where you should grab the opportunity and "KAUM!" (Robert T., 2008) 


I dare say I don't smoke yet I eat cigarettes =P


Asian version of Popeye? Maybe they call him Sliteye


I don't know why they call this chocolate chip cookies, I can't see any chocolate chips on the cookies at all


Mirror image, nono not the both Myvi's. See the left glass, now that's what I'm talking!  


Ok ok, I won't tuch that sokit for I am scared of dangers


Have they been working too hard or too little til they fell asleep? 

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Fei Mao, I really shouldn't have fetched you back first in the first place! Should have taken my own sweet time instead, spoiler! And now I'll reveal some of my sacred ways to annoy you! 

1. When Fei Mao is lying on the floor, either watching tv or doing homework: I'll find a puddle of water to step and then wipe my wet feet on her leg. 

2. When the weather's very hot: I'll keep telling her "It's so hot today, don't you think?", "I think I'm sweating, are you sweating?", "Eh look, the table fan is blowing at me and not at you", "Whew! It surely is hot today, even I feel hot", etc.

3. When the phone rings and it's for my mum: "Fei Mao! You got a call!" *Fei Mao runs downstairs* "Just joking, it's for mum" ^_^

4. When Fei Mao is sleeping: *Wakes Fei Mao up* "Eh, you sleeping edi ah?"

5. Anytime we fight and I win (means my mum scolds her): *Thumbs up* + *Raise eyebrows 3 times*

6. When we're shopping in Tesco: *Tailgate her using trolley*, then suddenly *accident* OR *push the trolley at an angle when we're walking in a straight line* (her path will just get narrower as time goes by)

7. When we're walking: *Walk in front of her* and *jam break*

8. Anytime I'm standing close to her: Instead of using my mouth to blow her hair, I'll breathe out heavily through my nose and let her feel the wind (no worries, it's not a "hailstorm", just wind)

9. When I got nothing to do at home: "Fei Mao! Fei Mao!" *very excited look* Then she'll ask "What?" and I just say "Nothing!" hehehe

10. When mum passes me the wet sotongs and prawns after weighing: "Fei Mao, look, my hand is wet!" *Piak* Fei Mao: "Mum! He touch me with his yucky wet fingers!"

Come to think of it, we're even now. 

No comments: