Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Lazy Weekend

The weekend has been too relaxing for me. Since Thursday noon til now, I haven't done anything productive as what I should be doing. All I did was study 10 pages of lecture slides per day (10 pages x 6 slides = 60 slides per day) and spending the rest of my time reading 'One Piece' manga (10 volumes per day X 20 pages = 200 pages per day). And to make it worse, 1 page of 'One Piece' has about 6 so-called "slides" in it, so it's 1,200 slides per day. That translates to 2000% of what I study. Not to forget I also stayed up late almost every day playing online games. Well, there's still Sunday, so hopefully I can do something about it. This may seem weird but I actually make self-promises to myself and go all-out to fulfill them. It's like an injunction order refraining me from doing something deemed unproductive although there's no one who can stop me from not doing so. Ok, I just confused myself with that last sentence, should that 'not' be there?

Well, at least I've been THINKING over the weekend, meaning my brains are still in place :

1. Chicken vs Fish vs Pork?

As I was slowly picking my food at the chap fan stall, this question hit me. After thinking deep and hard, my pick would be fish, then chicken and pork. I only took 1 factor into consideration: BONE MARROW! Good enough reason?

2. Stranger from behind?

Have you ever walked alone behind a person (also alone) on the same narrow path where there's no one around? I don't know why but almost always I'm in the position of the stranger from behind. Today, I was forced to follow behind some white guy almost twice my size. I kept seeing his head tilting to the right, secretly looking at me. And his left fist was all ready in case of anything. For both me and him, very very very stressful! Finally, I decided to walk faster and pass him, keeping my distance from him as much as I can. Thank God nothing happened! 

Soon after that, by this thing called coincidence, I had to follow 2 ladies from behind on the way to the toilet. What am I to do on a situation like that? Where should my eyes look at if they look back at me? I saw them whispering to each other though, holding their handbags tighter and again, secretly looking back at me. Why oh why do I have to be the ever-so-suspicious one?

And the worst of all cases, which happened quite a while back. Around 11pm+, I was walking back home from DU to my place. I had to walk behind a lady on the pedestrian bridge and no one was around. She was around 20 meters in front of me, yet I sensed her fear. As she got off the bridge and to her car, I saw her madly panicking trying to open her car door with her key and looking at me walk down the steps the whole time. I bet her heart was beating faster than the quick repetitive hits of the drums by lion dance groups. Anyway, she finally got into her car, locked the door right away and sped off without even wearing her safety belt. I'm that scary, huh? 

3. Pets?

Did you check out Pet Safari in The Curve lately? Back then, they were selling a raccoon and a very tiny monkey. I must say I was fascinated by both, especially the tiny monkey. (By the way, my mum who's scared of every furry animal says she found that monkey cute, means I may have a slight chance of owning it!) Today, they were selling pen-length crocodiles and millipedes. Well, I'll get used to it soon enough. 

Just so you know, the other animals on sale are dogs, cats, hamsters, hedgehogs, gerbils, lizards, geckos, frogs, snakes, birds, tarantulas, tortoises, fishes, shrimps and lobsters. I may have missed out a few more. See, I'm helping them promote their pet store for free! Not coz I want the monkey from them =P

Random pics:


What a way to start the morning, seeing a lizard unable to get out of my sink! I kept easily a meter from it everytime I enter the kitchen. I'm not afraid of iguanas, monitor lizards, chameleons, comodo dragons (ok, maybe not comodo dragons) but house lizards, that's something to fear! Luckily my family's at home to remove the lizard, else I won't be doing dishes for a very long time. My mum used chopsticks and grabbed that little fellar and gently releasing it on the kitchen floor and simultaneously I jumped on the sofa just in case the first place it runs to is to me who is lying down on the living room floor. I think me and the lizard are perfectly negatively correlated haha


2 things :

i) What is Had Sempadan Penyenggaraan LDP? Ask me to translate that into English and you'll never get your answer.

ii) Look at my side mirror, the car looks soooo close as if it's touching my car. But look at my blind spot mirror, it's actually quite far away. I don't understand why the side mirror gives an image that appears to be much closer than what it actually is. Did they design side mirrors to be like that or does it have something to do with the viewing angle? Umm nevermind, I don't think I'll be able to understand even if you told me why lol


Typo alert! The header states (April 19 - 25) but the blue column shows May. If I were Shirley Temple Black, gone lah TheStar coz can sue them for providing misleading information. People already so happy coz managed to reach 81 years old, TheStar leh postpone to 1 month later. 


For being a loyal customer in Tesco, they "gave" me free parking tickets! I actually collected them when their machine was down, now that it's up once again, I wonder if I can still use them. I wonder how's the accounting treatment for parking tickets. Are they considered stock? Then they must have some 'Stock Loss' coz of people like me =P


Ok, now to show how wise-men interpret the true meaning of things, where the usual minds have never gone before. 

The owner is ready to become a Godfather coz he has strongly emphasised on becoming the second dad. (Man, I'm so good at this interpretation stuff!)

3 comments:

Kenneth said...

Is that a Ferrari F430??

o(@_@)o said...

Umm I dunno how to see Ferrari cars wan ... they all look the same to me haha But it was freaking noisy ... in my townhouse, his engine roared so loud that I can't even hear the music on my winamp.

o(@_@)o said...

Come to think of it after googling F430 pictures, I think it's that car coz the image of its rear is still in my head, but just quite blurry.